Nissan thinks it can sell 1 million EV's by 2022 - 2018 Nissan Leaf EV Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Nissan thinks it can sell 1 million EV's by 2022

Considering how well the new Leaf is selling, it might actually be possible for Nissan to meet its 1 million EV sales by 2022. They also plan to introduce eight new models in that time, as well as implementing autonomous driving across their lineup. They also wasn't to have 100% connectivity in all new Nissan and Infiniti models. They hope to increase global annual revenue by $40 billion and maintain a profit margin of 8%.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 09:03 AM

Those are sold bold milestones, but it looks like they are well on their way with the new Leafs current sales. I really wish that the IDx concept hadn't been abandoned as I think it would've sold really well. Maybe they have plans to revitalize it as an electric vehicle? Its a little similar to the Honda urban ev.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing the IDx return, at least not on the same platform that we saw in that concept. I have a feeling that we'll be seeing Nissan focus on electric crossovers and even pickups with their new upcoming models.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 12:12 PM

Unless Nissan has plans to release an actual midsized pickup, I think thats a segment better left to current leaders. That being said their Titan Warrior concept does look pretty incredible, but thats not an EV. Have they shown off what other electric models they coming down the pipeline?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Well Nissan may be looking to electrify their newly released Kick. It would make sense for them to release an EV crossover to rival the new Hyundai Kona. Their EXTREM concept is also pretty cool, but I don't think they have mentioned anything about what kind of powertrain its supposed to have.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 03:50 AM

But crossovers need better battery packs or else you'll be adding too much weight to an already heavy vehicle. There should be more energy requirement when the model sits higher and has more wind resistance compared to a leaf.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 09:31 AM

Jaguar's new I Pace doesn't seem to have any issues delivering a decent range, even with the additional weight, and the same can be said about Hyundai's new Kona EV. Perhaps it's not as big of a factor as we were initially led to believe.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 01:06 PM

Some publications I read on I-Pace range a while ago suggested it should have no problem meeting the initially reported EPA number and what they're calling a more realistic "WLTP" rating system.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page