Back to normal - 2018 Nissan Leaf EV Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Back to normal

So it looks as though the new Leafs interior is much more similar to a regular cabin than the first generation was. The new instrument cluster houses a massive LCD screen, and I have to admit that those seats are pretty incredible looking, considering the price point. It also looks like the new cabin offers slightly more space than its predecessor. Lets hope this sleek infotainment system is as easy to use as it is to look it.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 10:35 AM

That interior layout make the Leaf look like a luxury ICE car instead of an electric vehicle. Looks like Nissan incorporated a lot of soft touch plastics and that dial in the center stack looks interesting. It controls the drive gears correct?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 02:28 PM

If you compare it to what other car makers are doing, at the end of the day Nissan is just trying to keep up with the next brand. Even Kia is doing this on entry level models for 2018.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Yes it was a necessary change for sure, as the previous generation was too far removed from the traditional styling of ICE car. I really do believe that the new styling, both inside and out will draw a much larger consumer base than the previous generation. If Nissan was able to achieve the best selling EV with the first generation of Leaf, I wont be surprised if this continues with their newer and more sophisticated design.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 06:09 PM

Can't understand why they made the side panels of the center console into a "V" (wider at the top)! I'm 6'5" and need all the leg room I can get! Have actually removed it to see if there was a way to modify it. I just ended up driving with it in the passenger side floorboard for about a week! Might end up taking it to an aftermarket customizer place. :-/

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page