A Welcomed Change - 2018 Nissan Leaf EV Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

A Welcomed Change

It's pretty obvious that the most drastic change from its predecessor is the exterior redesign. I have to say that its a most welcomed upgrade, as the styling of the last generation was one of its biggest flaws. I'm glad to see they've adopted a more streamlined body style, that's more similar to a traditional hatchback. What do you guys think?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 01:20 PM

seen this design on the new Maxima at first and ever since then i always wanted to see it on other Nissan products.
i just hope they have plans to launch some NISMO parts for the leaf.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLeaf View Post
seen this design on the new Maxima at first and ever since then i always wanted to see it on other Nissan products.
i just hope they have plans to launch some NISMO parts for the leaf.
What sort of Nismo parts do you think the average driver would want for their Leaf? I don't think those looking for a performance based hatch, will go the route of a green car. It would be nice to see some higher performance based trims, because from what I've seen this car is still lacking in power compared to that of the Bolt and Model 3.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 04:01 PM

Personally I love the idea of some of the nismo parts being available. They have some really nice "look good" parts. Wheels, maybe a body kit, or even a spoiler. Who knows. I am sure they all kill efficiency but honestly if it kills 12-15 miles off the total range, I would probably still add some "look good" parts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

For the most part, aftermarket body kits are pretty lightweight, so I don't think they'll have a huge impact on your range. It's great that Nissan has improved the looks of the Leaf so significantly with the new model, and I'm sure you wont be the only owner interested in making it your own. Found a rendering of the Nismo Leaf concept. Looks awesome imo.

Last edited by Zero; 02-26-2018 at 09:31 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
For the most part, aftermarket body kits are pretty lightweight, so I don't think they'll have a huge impact on your range. It's great that Nissan has improved the looks of the Leaf so significantly with the new model, and I'm sure you wont be the only owner interested in making it your own. Found a rendering of the Nismo Leaf concept. Looks awesome imo.

That's actually a real model as you will see in this picture of it on a show floor:

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I saw that there's a physical concept as well, but it hasn't been confirmed for production or anything to my knowledge. Never thought we'd be seeing performance trims in electrics, but as the technology improves that's going to become more common.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page