front radar woes - 2018 Nissan Leaf EV Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

front radar woes

I bought a 2018 Leaf this past February which I've had some front radar problems with. It's the SV model, with Adaptive Cruise but w/o ProPilot Assist. In the first 1,000 miles, the car started giving an error message that "front radar is unavailable", which disables cruise control. Took it to the dealer, they swapped it under warranty, no big deal. Now, at ~6,000, same problem is back.

Has anybody else experienced this? I'm wondering if Nissan chose poorly with their Bosch radars, or if my car is just spitting these things out for some unique reason.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 10:26 AM

Nissan isn't the only brand that is seeing this kind of issues with their radar systems, but it is strange that we haven't seen any sort of recall issued. With up to 6 different models that could be effected, it seems unlikely that it only affects a small amount of units.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 10:11 AM

Its almost better if its a hardware issue, because it will probably be easier to find a fix for. If it ends up being something software related it could be awhile before Nissan determines what the problem is.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page