New member - 2018 Nissan Leaf EV Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys,

New to the forum and have been waiting to see what Nissan had planned with the next generation of the Leaf. I almost bought one from the last generation, but I just couldn't get behind its styling. Great to see that its seen a complete redesign and I look forward to taking one for a test drive. Do we have any confirmation as of yet when to expect it in dealerships in NA?
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 10:44 AM

Welcome to the forum! I assume it's only a matter of time until the new Nissan Leaf starts appearing at your local dealership because the U.S. build page is already up. Or are you in Canada?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

I'm in the U.S, more specifically California. Electric cars are huge here and there seem to be a lot of people waiting on delivery of the new Leaf. Is there a longer wait for those in Canada? I know the adoption rate of electrics over there isn't quite as high.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 02:09 PM

Welcome to the forum!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 10:53 AM

Recently learned that Canada is like a dumping ground for automakers, with preferential treatment given to those in high sales markets like California, so you'll be getting it before us. I'd assume more cars will be shipped to places with better charging infrastructure.

I couldn't get over the old Leaf's looks as well, just so weird to see a closed pointed nose like a clown.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffage View Post
Recently learned that Canada is like a dumping ground for automakers, with preferential treatment given to those in high sales markets like California, so you'll be getting it before us. I'd assume more cars will be shipped to places with better charging infrastructure.

I couldn't get over the old Leaf's looks as well, just so weird to see a closed pointed nose like a clown.
It depends on a number of factors and one of them could be who is buying. If they get a lot of fleet orders from cities for city use then i can see growth happening more where it wouldn't have otherwise.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page