His and Hers - 2018 Nissan Leaf EV Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

His and Hers

Wife just switched from an Artists to a leaf, and I liked the idea of them so much I traded in my standard 2016 Mustang GT for one. Haven't taken delivery yet (tomorrow for hers, probably Monday for his as it's being shipped from another dealer) but pretty excited.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 09:30 AM

Welcome to the forum Jim and congrats on the pair of Leafs. That's quite the transition from a Mustang to a Leaf. Are you new to EV's?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 03:10 PM

You should look out for that new hybrid Mustang that Ford is said to come out with because the all-electric mileage it might get could soon see you back in a pony car.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 09:29 AM

Congrats on becoming Leaf owners and welcome to the community. Won't be long after 2020 that we start seeing more performance oriented EV's.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Welcome to the forum Jim and congrats on the pair of Leafs. That's quite the transition from a Mustang to a Leaf. Are you new to EV's?
I am new to them. I have been thinking about EVs for a couple years - but finally pulled the trigger and so far have been giggling every time I pass a gas station.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

I'd heard that Ford was going to go the EV route with Mustangs after 2020. Personally, I'd love to see a decent and affordable (sub-50K) pickup hit the market.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 09:34 AM

The new Ranger is looking pretty decent and rumor is that FCA will be reintroducing the Dakota. We're probably still a few years out from seeing proper hybrid pickups.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lightizer View Post
I'd heard that Ford was going to go the EV route with Mustangs after 2020. Personally, I'd love to see a decent and affordable (sub-50K) pickup hit the market.
If it will happen to a Ford pick-up then before that happens we should see it in the new Ford Bronco, its just about the best product to kick off Ford's hybrid vehicle program, along with the Mustang.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page