new member - 2018 Nissan Leaf EV Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

new to Nissan, new to EV's and new to this forum.

currently driving around a 2013 Honda Civic Si that I have enjoyed for the past 4 years but with parenthood coming up along with the need for a better commuter, comes the choice of a product like the Nissan Leaf.

came here to gain insight on the Leaf and its rivals, the Ioniq and Bolt/Volt (which I would also consider)
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:30 AM

Welcome to the green side! Great thing about green cars for commuting is the amount of gas you use, with my current vehicle it's expensive to keep filling up and running especially with how much city driving I do.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffage View Post
Welcome to the green side! Great thing about green cars for commuting is the amount of gas you use, with my current vehicle it's expensive to keep filling up and running especially with how much city driving I do.
Tell me about it. New Volt and Bolt owners I spoke to told me they charge at home and go the entire day without needing to charge. I was sold at that point, coming from the default expectation that worrying about where to charge is a reality... its not.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 07:32 PM

Some offices have free charging at parking lots too! And there's plugshare where friendly people are willing to give you some juice when in need.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffage View Post
Some offices have free charging at parking lots too! And there's plugshare where friendly people are willing to give you some juice when in need.
Careful, as long as there's signage saying its free then its free. But in most cases they don't allow it or require you visit security/concierge to gain access. Even some residents in condo's come across admin issues with charging.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page