ProPILOT ASSIST - 2018 Nissan Leaf EV Forum

post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

ProPILOT ASSIST

So I've heard the ProPILOT ASSIST system can keep you in one lane and operate the brake and gas pedals, but the annoying part if ow you have to jiggle steering wheel at least every ten seconds or it starts beeping at you. Seems awful annoying and would deter people from getting it if that's what you have to do every 10 seconds.
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 02:45 AM

Being a parent I can tell you already that this is a major incentive for buying because when you already have a lot happening in the cabin, the more systems can minimize the impact distractions can have on your driving the better. Also keep in mind that this is an entry-level EV.... we will always get entry-level tech with it.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

I can understand why such a system was put in place and fully supportive of something like this, but not at 10 second intervals. A few minutes would be ideal because even diving normally on highways I don't move the steering wheel every 10 seconds all the time.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 03:38 AM

In a way its a teaser of tech to come and odds are the system can do more but to be on the safe side they probably have to keep it so limited. But having a flawless system with defined rules can have a lasting impact that can prime people for a future upsell.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Would be nice if the interval could be programmed by the owner, or at least offer a few options as i assume most drivers know their own habits more than a programmer. But you're right, it's a sort of teaser to see how well it works in the real world and what drivers think of it.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffage View Post
Would be nice if the interval could be programmed by the owner, or at least offer a few options as i assume most drivers know their own habits more than a programmer. But you're right, it's a sort of teaser to see how well it works in the real world and what drivers think of it.
as nice as that would be, odds are it would lead into a whole host of problems
down the road I can imagine that being possible once these systems are far more advanced.
but the more they can dumb down owning these things the better off everyone is.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

I'd just save my money and skip the ProPilot system. Been driving so long without it and I can continue to do so until I'm very much older.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Good news for everyone who wants to try out the ProPilot system but aren't sure if they really want to pay for the feature. The Car Guide says it's going to be a standard feature from factory, so I assume that applies to every trim.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 10:14 AM

Wow that's a pretty incredible standard feature, especially considering the entry price point. While its only semi autonomous, I don't think there are many other vehicles in the market offering anything similar without having to pay extra for it. Nissan sure has delivered quite the value for the price, and I'm sure considering the success of the first generation Leaf, that it'll continue to reach new milestones.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 08:47 AM

Yeah I don't think too many people would be interested in paying more for that system, as most people are quite comfortable driving themselves. Smart move on Nissan to make it a standard feature, as that will allow more drivers to become more comfortable with these semi autonomous systems.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page