e-Pedal feature - Page 2 - 2018 Nissan Leaf EV Forum

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffage View Post
ABS has its place and I don't mind having that in daily driver cars like the Leaf, but I have read that the Bolt's highest setting for regenerative braking can feel a bit jarring sometimes. Hopefully that will be a non issue for the Leaf.
In that case it has come down to sensors not being as advanced as they should be, so over time we should expect it to become much smother.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 09:39 AM

I think in order to generate a useable amount of energy, the sensation will have to be quite forceful as it's utilizing kinetic energy. It also important to keep in mind that regenerative braking is believed to greatly extend the life of braking systems, as the parts do not seem to wear as quickly as traditional brake set ups.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Here's a video of the Leaf's e-Pedal braking system, where they say if can hold the car and brake on a 30% grade. Really impressive, though I'd still use the brakes in the winter for peace of mind.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 10:01 AM

Pretty cool technology for sure and it would be really interesting to drive with only one pedal. I agree that, this would be a little hard to wrap your head around during inclement or winter months. Not sure I would feel comfortable leaving so much control in the hands of the car itself.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page